Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Royal Garden

Best for: Dim Sum
Location: Ala Moana

  
I tend to alternate between my four go-to places for dim sum, depending on my mood: Mandalay for the best char siu bao and siu mai; Kirin for a more traditional Chinese atmosphere; Jade for the best service and snow mountain; and Happy Day for the best deal. Royal Garden is the last of my top five.


Like Kirin, Royal Garden is one of the remaining Chinese restaurants at which waitresses still push carts around the room, and you have to call out to them and point at the dim sum you want, which is always a fun experience. The dim sum here is good, but none are really memorable, unlike at the others, which each have a few unique dishes. However, the parking is more convenient since you can easily park at Ala Moana and walk over.