Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mai Tai Bar

Best for: Cocktails, View of Waikiki
Location: Waikiki


I love the Mai Tai Bar. I don't mean the trashy one on the top floor of Ala Moana. I'm talking about the one literally steps away from Waikiki Beach, located at the Royal Hawaiian. Apparently the Mai Tai Bar is where the first mai tai cocktail originated. If you're ever going to have a mai tai, this is definitely where to get it - the cocktail comes with every accessory (paper umbrella, fresh fruit, etc). I usually get The Last Cocktail, which is composed of gin, asian pear puree, lemon juice, rosemary infusion, sparkling wine, and clove.

view from our table

This is where I take all my guests for delicious cocktails and stunning views of Diamond Head and the tourist-infested beach. While the bar is always crowded, I always somehow find a table closest to the water. Come for the drinks (and view), not the food. Service is good, not great, especially considering it's part of one of Oahu's nicest hotels. Cocktails are about $11-14, typical for beachfront Waikiki.

The Last Cocktail ($14): The Last Cocktail, which is composed of gin, asian pear puree, lemon juice, rosemary infusion, sparkling wine, and clove