Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coffeeline Campus Coffeehouse

Best for: Coffee
Location: Manoa
  
Coffeeline is to UH as the Paradox is to Reed. Only about 2 of you will get that analogy. Coffeeline is a homey coffeeshop across the street from the University of Hawaii. It is cluttered with magazines, random plants and pieces of artwork. If I was a UH student, I'd probably be spending a lot of time here, since Glazers is a bit of a journey, and Hawaii doesn't really have any other coffeeshops conducive to studying


The interior space is pretty large, but what I really like about Coffeeline is that there are a couple of tables on the outside balcony. The view just overlooks the YWCA, but I'm always looking for ways to drink coffee outside. My only complaint with this place is that it doesn't provide coffee cups to-go. I know the owner is being environmentally-conscious, but what are desperate students supposed to do when they forgot their thermoses?