Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lewers Lounge

Best for: Dessert
Location: Halekulani


I can no longer leave Waikiki without ending the night with dessert at Lewers Lounge. This place is magical. I always take out-of-town guests here because it epitomizes Hawaii (oddly enough, without a view of the beach) - well, at least a certain part of Hawaii. I usually sit outside, at a setting that makes this space so special.


Halekulani is one of only two 4-star hotels on Oahu. That's pretty pathetic, considering how many hotels we have here, but that's besides the point. Since this restaurant is part of Halekulani, you know everything will be impeccable. The hotel is a white, elegant, low-rising complex with open halls that allow the soft island breezes to brush by. Sitting at one of the six tables at night, in the heart of Waikiki yet miles away from the hustle and bustle, staring into the clear sky... no wonder this is my favorite place in Waikiki.


When you arrive, you are greeted with cashews and pecans. Service here is top-notch, and by now the waitresses recognize me, as I am always finding excuses to dine here. I always order the Chocolate All the Way, which is a trio of chocolate cheesecake, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate brownie. It's not the most innovative, but it always tastes delicious, and you can't ask for a better setting. Each dessert is about $9. Their dessert cocktails are pretty good too, but I think I prefer the ones at Kahala.