Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

town has reopened!!

[I don't normally do this, but, since town is my favorite restaurant in Hawaii, and I can barely control my excitement, I think this post is warranted...]


After nine days of closure due to "renovations" and APEC (by the way, did anyone follow Ed's twitter and see the beautiful dishes he served Michelle Obama last week? I am thoroughly jealous), town has reopened, much to my relief. The restaurant has undergone minor changes; half of its walls are now covered in horizontal strips of wood, and the bright orange bench seating has been repainted a chic coat of dark grey. I don't know my woods, but the color of it goes perfectly with the chairs and concrete floors. Plus, wood absorbs sound, which is much appreciated when the boisterous dinner crowd arrives. The only change that I'm not happy with is the new location of the bathroom - from down the hallway to up a flight of stairs. I'm hoping this upstairs bathroom is just temporary. I will never complain about that creepy hallway again.

pancetta, polenta, watercress, and organic egg ($8)
Now that town is back in business, I can resume my pathetically-paced process of working on grad school apps (although, I may have to blame my decision not to apply to NYU's urban planning masters program on these nine town-less days). Wish me luck.


Read my full review of town here: http://selfindulgence0.blogspot.com/2011/11/town.html