Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Menchie's

Best for: Frozen yogurt
Location: Ward


I'm not a huge fan of frozen yogurt because I prefer warm pastries to satisfy my sweet tooth, but the rest of Hawaii has definitely gone through the fro-yo craze. Menchie's is one of about three places I've tried here, and, while I may not be passionate enough about fro-yo to deserve an opinion, I do like this place.

having [too much] fun with the samples
kiwi, mango, and lychee
Menchie's is generous with the samples (unlike at Yogurtland). If I was broke and immoral I'd probably come in and get a bunch of samples before sneaking out. But I would never do that [because frozen yogurt doesn't entice me nearly enough]. Menchie's is self-serve, with about fourteen different flavors and lots of candy, sauces, fruit, and cereal toppings to create your concoction. I can definitely understand why everyone else seems to love fro-yo; it's cheap, customized, and colorful. Well, unless you're like me and only get chocolate toppings, in which case your dish will mostly consist of varying shades of brown.