Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Mariposa

Best for: Lunch, View
Location: Neiman Marcus (Ala Moana)
Foodgasmic dish: Popovers

House-Smoked Pork Tenderloin ($24), with Yukon mashed potatoes, brown butter appleshire sauce, & sautéed kale
Honestly, I could come here just for the popovers (their complimentary freshly-baked light, airy bread served with strawberry butter). Also complimentary is a cup of consommé (clear broth). By the time I'm done with the popovers and broth, I could care less about what I order as an entree. However, everything I've had here is delicious.

the famous popovers
Dessert: $7.50, Iced mocha
It gets really crowded during lunch, so either make reservations or be prepared to wait. Trust me, the food and view of Ala Moana Beach Park are worth it. Service could use some work, but I suppose they're doing their best considering the crowd. Also, if you want popovers, make sure to come during lunch or dinner. I once made the mistake of coming right between lunch & dinner and was horrified to discover that they don't serve popovers then!

seared diver scallops, with ricotta gnocchi, english peas, pancetta, leeks, and lobster vinaigrette, $24