Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lappert's

Best for: Ice cream
Location: Hilton Hawaiian Village



Anthony and Mizuki were somehow still craving ice cream after our feast at Yakiniku Don-Day a few days ago. Since we had gone to Bubbie's recently, we decided to go to our only other option: Lappert's in Waikiki. I have fond memories of this place, mainly because after ballet performances at the Hilton, Steve would buy our entire company ice cream from Lappert's. Free gourmet ice cream after a hard day's work remains one of the highlights of my rosy childhood.




I usually order the mint chip, but on this particular night, I wasn't very hungry (probably because I hadn't danced ballet right before) so I just shared a bowl with Anthony. I'm not sure which fancy flavor he chose, but I could taste creamy vanilla and chunks of fudge. Perhaps it was the Big Island Inspiration? Mizuki ordered a kona coffee waffle cone and a latte and joined us on the only bench outside.



Lappert's has some pretty interesting flavors:
  • Maui Mango Madness: mango ice cream, mango sorbet and grand marnier
  • Mauna Kea's Secret: white chocolate ice cream swirled with raspberry sorbet and loaded with chocolate chips and chocolate brownies
  • Tutu's Anniversary: coconut ice cream with raspberry and passion fruit sorbet
  • Heavenly Hana: creamy chocolate ice cream with delicate swirls of marshmallow ribboned throughout handmade chunks of white chocolate-covered macadamia nuts, dark chocolate almond chunks, chocolate bits and roasted almonds
Perfect for the Hilton tourists.