Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Day

Best for: Chinese, Cheap dim sum
Location: Kaimuki


My family's ritual of dim sum on Sundays is made possible by Happy Day. They have all the standard dishes: har gao, siu mai, seafood roll, and jin dui. While I prefer the dim sum at Jade and Mandalay, Happy Day is less than a 10-minute drive from home and is extremely cheap, especially when you order takeout and pay cash. The rest of east Honolulu knows how good a deal this place is, so expect to wait in line when picking up your order.

egg custard bun
Besides dim sum, I come here pretty often for dinner because my uncle is friends with the entire staff. Thus, he invites every single Chinese relative he knows and treats us to 7+ course dinners. What are families for?

steamed fish with ginger and soy sauce
Peking duck