Disclaimer

Disclaimer: These reviews reflect my own prejudices & personal experiences. Be your own judge - try them yourself & create your own experiences.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kirin

Best for: Dim Sum
Location: University
Foodgasmic dish: Baked char siu bun, Beef look fun roll



Kirin has always been one of my favorite dim sum restaurants. Why it's named after a mediocre Japanese beer still confuses me, but-- trust me -- the food here is much better than its name suggests.



The restaurant is a comfortable size, with a few rooms that can be shut for private parties, and lots of intricately-carved Chinese doors. Unlike my other favorite dim sum restaurant, Jade, which is definitely going for a sleeker, more modern feel, Kirin is traditional, from its dishes to its chairs. That's probably why I need both restaurants in my life.



I don't know what else to say about a near-flawless dim sum experience every time, so I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Siu mai and har gow
Steamed beef won tons
Singapore rice noodle
Baked char siu buns with a flaky egg custard
Beef look fun roll